Registration Information

How do I enroll as a new student?
To enroll as a new student at Lowell High School, please call Kelly Chavez at 219-696-7733 ext. 1741 to set up an appointment to obtain a letter of residency. At that appointment, two proofs of residency (such as a copy of a utility bill and a lease) will be required. After obtaining the letter of residency you should call Barbara Benecki at 696-7733 ext 1738 to set up an appointment to see a counselor. The parent or guardian will need to bring a copy of the student's birth certificate, immunization records, and a transcript (if the student is enrolling as a sophomore, junior, or senior).

How do I withdraw or transfer from Lowell High School?
Please make an appointment to visit the guidance office and fill out the appropriate paperwork. Call Kelly Chavez at 696-7733 ext. 1741.

When will report cards be issued?
Report cards are issued after the end of of each nine-week grading period. Please refer to the school calendar for exact dates.

Are schedule changes permitted?

In the scheduling process, the guidance staff spends many hours working with students, assisting them in making choices that are consistent with career and personal goals. Once these choices are made and approved by parents, we hold students to the choices they make. The guidance staff may make changes ONLY under the following conditions:

Clerical Error / Placement Errors: Courses selected were wrongly scheduled or a student is placed in a course above or below the ability level that can be reasonably expected.

Medical: A statement from a physician documents the need to alter a schedule to meet physical limitations.

Teacher Referral: A teacher can make a referral to the guidance office to change classes for academic reasons.

Upgrade, Diploma Track Change, or Career Interest/College Major Change: You may choose a more challenging class or drop/add on the basis of a change in diploma track, career interest, or college major change.

No class may be changed after the first five days of instruction of any semester without administrative approval.

How do I get a work permit?

Please contact the LHS Main Office for information regarding work permits.

When do I sign up for next year's classes?
Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will sign up for next year's classes individually with their counselor during the month of February. Eighth grade students entering Lowell High School as freshmen will sign up for classes during Eighth Grade Parent Night. Dates and times will be announced at a later date.